High School Program
Are you looking for the best school for your family? Leave us your information and we will contact you at your most convenient time.
The D-PREP High School Program is based on the Expeditionary Learning whole school design model. This model focuses on delivering student achievement across three dimensions: Mastery of Skills and knowledge, character development, and authentic high-quality student work.
The academic program requires students to complete 4 years in high school, from grade 9 to grade 12. Completion of this program will grant students with an American high school diploma.
Key Components of our High School Program
- Rigorous academic program linked to real world applications and positive impact on their community and the world
- Small, personalized learning environments in classrooms and across the school;
- Students’ progress and development are supported in partnership with with advisors/crew leaders who stay with them across multiple years.
- Internships or mentorships in key areas of interest in the Grade 11/12
- Diverse offerings, such as Design-thinking, Presentation & Performance Skills, and Global Impact.
- We offer a wide offering of Advanced Placement courses, including the AP Capstone Diploma program which is designed to be academically rigorous and develops independent research, collaborative teamwork, and communication skills. AP Capstone is centered on two AP courses — AP Seminar and AP Research — which are designed to complement and enhance the in-depth, discipline-specific study experienced in other AP courses. A minimum of 6 AP courses are required to obtain the AP Capstone Diploma.
Advanced Placement Program
The Advanced Placement (AP) Program allows students to take AP Courses which serve as introductory college level courses developed by the College Board. Upon completion of these courses and passing the year end AP exam (score of 3 and above), students may submit test results to colleges and universities for college credit.
**These are possible AP courses, not courses DPREP is committed to provide.
- Language & Comp
- Chinese Language & Culture
- World Geography
- World History
- Human Geography
Mathematics and Computer Science
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Computer Science A
- Environmental Studies
- Studio Art 2D
- Studio Art 3D
- Art History
AP Capstone Diploma
Students who earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research and on four additional AP Exams of their choosing receive the AP Capstone Diploma™. Students who earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research but not on four additional AP Exams receive the AP Seminar and Research Certificate™.
Related series of courses that are grouped together by an area of interest, skills or career pathway. Pathways provide students with in-depth knowledge and focus within an area of study.
We offer 4 Pathways.
- STEM: Math, Science and Technology electives
- Entrepreneurship: Business and Entrepreneurship and Technology electives
- Arts : visual, creative and performing arts electives
- Multidisciplinary Studies (One of the following): Advanced courses from other pathways, core course and Advanced Placement courses
Our counselors will discuss students’ goals to find the right Pathway to fulfill your Dream. Our Pathways Programs can be combined with AP Courses.
D-PREP Life skills framework in high school
Self-awareness and management
- Learning about what drives you, your passions
- How to regulate your thoughts and emotions to manage the demanding challenges of high school
Awareness of Others and Relationship management
- Working with mentors and internships
- Collaborative work with professional skill sets
- Crew advisory
- Development of international mindedness and global perspective
Exploring different careers and beginning to identify what professions bring meaning and purpose to the individual
Map out goals for higher education and a career that will provide for financial needs
Explore concepts of personal and business financial management
An academic program that delivers mastery in our 3 dimensions of student achievement. Mastery of Skills and knowledge, character, and authentic high-quality student work.
- Service learning projects
- Professional high-quality work that makes the world a better place
- Exploring the personal practice of being a global citizen
Life Skills and Careers
Development of skills within the Life Skills Framework
- Requirement: Continue developing skills in self-understanding, social understanding, livelihood, and active citizenship
Career and College Readiness
- Requirement: Portfolio development / Preparing for interviews / resume writing
- Requirement: Gain a greater understanding of personal finance
- Requirement: Experience working in an organization / 150 hours requirement / 2-3 difference organization / Grade 10 – 11
Reach out to us right away!
Highlights of our High School Program
Creative and critical thinking skills
Public speaking and presentation skills
Experiential learning & Fieldwork
Digital Literacy & Design Thinking
Sports and ECA opportunities
Life Skills Curriculum
Active contributors to the community
Come find out why 100% of our students truly love coming to school at our upcoming Open House.
Interested in D-PREP?
Contact us to learn more
Are you looking for the best school for your family? Leave us your information and we will contact you at your most convenient time. You may also call us anytime during office hours.
We will keep you up to date with any Promotions, School Activities, Open House Events, Virtual Open House Events via zoom, or invite you for a personalized School Tour. We look forward to hearing from you.
Other Pages under D-PREP Academics