Subject: End of School Year Details
Date: May 27, 2021
Reference: D-PREP 2020-2021-093
Dear D-PREP Families,
We are now entering our last two weeks of the 2020-2021 school year. The Ministry of Education has announced that no schools will be able to open before June 14th, so we are preparing all closing and end-of-school-year celebrations to be done virtually and online.
Please note the schedule and dates for all end of year activities at D-PREP below.
TURNING IN OF CHROMEBOOKS, LIBRARY BOOKS, and OTHER SCHOOL TEXTBOOKS – no later than June 8th: All borrowed Chromebooks, library books, or textbooks that students have at home must be returned to the D-PREP front office by June 8th at 3:30 pm.
KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION (K2) – June 10th:
Due to the inability to organize any events currently, we will be holding a virtual K2 graduation ceremony on June 10. We are preparing a video for the students to watch together and will be sending home a gift package for all our K2 students.
We encourage your child to dress up for the virtual graduation event on this day with a Blue & Gold Theme.
However, when we return to school in August, we plan to organize an in-person graduation ceremony at the school and will invite all graduating students to participate in the event.
END OF YEAR SCHOOL YEAR (All end of year events will be held virtually due to continued school closure):
- May 25th, 27th, and 28th – School Pictures and Yearbook – Each family and children scheduled individually to come to school
- May 26th – Holiday Visakha Bucha Day (NO SCHOOL)
- May 27th – June 4th – End of Year Student-led Family Conferences – Portfolio Presentations (Parents are choosing if they prefer to have this Student-led Family Conference in person at school or done virtually online)
- Nursery – May 27th or 28th (30 mins per child between 8:30 – 11:30)
- K1 – May 31st or June 1st (30 mins per child between 8:30 – 11:30)
- K2 – May 27th, 28th, or 31st (30 mins per child between 12:30 – 3:30)
- Grade 1 – May 27th or 28th (30 mins per child between 12:30 – 3:30)
- Grade 2 – May 31st or June 1st (30 mins per child between 12:30 – 3:30)
- Grade 3 & 4 – June 1, 2nd, or 4th (30 mins per child between 12:30 – 3:30)
- Grade 5 & 6 – June 2nd and 4th (30 mins per child between 12:30 – 3:30)
- June 3rd – Holiday-HM THe Queen of Thailand’s Birthday (NO SCHOOL)
- June 10th – K2 Graduation and End of School Year Celebrations / Awards Ceremony (All end of year class celebrations will be held virtually)
- June 10th – Last Day of School
- June 11th – Final Progress Reports Issued to Parents Electronically
- June 25th – Frozen Musical (Nursery – Grade 2) and Moana Showcase (Grade 3-6) – (DATE moved here so that with the 2-week support session, we hope for LIVE performance. Please be aware that this date is tentative based on the COVID situation and guidance from the Thai Ministry of Education and Bangkok Metropolitan Authority).
REMINDER OF SUMMER SESSION DATES (pending the school campus being about to re-open on June 14th) :
- Two Week Support Session (June 14th – 25th) for K2 – G6 (and K1 students not already in the Make Up Days Session)
- N- K1 Make-up Days Session (June 14th – July 16th)
- Summer School Sessions for K2 – G6 (moved to June 28th – July 16th) for students who wish to enroll for classes during the Summer break.
Please note that all dates for in person programs are tentative and may be subject to change based on the COVID-19 situation. The school will keep you informed of all changes.
KEY DATES FOR START OF 2021-2022 School Year:
- August 2, 2021 – Mandatory Parent Orientation for 2021-2022 School Year – Time TBD
- August 4, 2021 – FIRST DAY of SCHOOL for 2021-2022 School Year
We are very excited for parents to participate in your child’s Student-led Family Conference between May 27th and June 4th, where your child will be sharing his/her reflections on his/her learning and growth over this school year.
Take care and continue to be safe!
D-PREP Leadership Team
You may view the PDF version here: