Subject: COVID-19 Virtual Learning Update
Date: May 13, 2021
Reference: D-PREP 2020-2021-091
Dear D-PREP Families,
As you probably already know the COVID-19 cases continue to be at about the same level daily, and as a result, we feel that due to government directives our virtual learning will have to continue until at least June 1st.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and if conditions allow us to provide any additional small group support sooner than this, we will certainly reach out to families as quickly as possible.
CONTINUATION OF VIRTUAL LEARNING: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we will follow Virtual Learning until at least the end of May (see below).
- K2 – Grade 6 – Students will continue in virtual learning;
- Nursery to K1 – All Nursery & K1 students are encouraged to attend virtual learning online. We will be providing additional learning resources and teacher-created learning experience videos to each family as well (see below) to help you to have additional options for your child’s learning at home.
Learning resources/ materials for the remainder of the month (end of May) will be ready for pick up on the following dates from 8:00 a.m. onwards:
- Nursery (Friday – May 14th);
- K1B and K2 (Tuesday – May 18th – K1A already sent home);
- Grade 1 (picked up already);
- Grade 2 – 6 (pick-up will only be scheduled if necessary)
TWO WEEK SUPPORT SESSION (June 14th – 25th) FOR K2-G6 STUDENTS (and K1 students not already in the Make-Up Days Session):
Due to the length of the COVID-19 closure, we are offering this 2-week support session (at no charge) that will focus on the preparation and performance of the DPREP Frozen Musical and Moana Showcase.
The school will make a decision on the arrangement of the performance (in-person event, Facebook Live, or filming on video) based on the COVID-19 situation in June.
In the support session, there will also be a reinforcement of key literacy and math skills for the next academic year.
Our teachers have done an excellent job ensuring that your child has mastered all the essential skills (standards) for their current grade level even while in virtual learning, but this in-person 2-week summer session will solidify these skills even more.
We will send you more details in early June about this two-week support session, once reopening of in-person school is allowed.
N-K1 MAKE UP DAYS SESSION (June 11-July 15): As informed earlier, all Nursery and some K1 students, who have opted for makeup days, will be offered up to a five-week makeup session during this time.
Ms.Tania and her team will also be rehearsing the musical Frozen with them to prepare for a final performance during this time.
SUMMER SCHOOL for K2-G6 (moved to June 28-July 16):
We also still plan to hold our very exciting summer school that is focused on design thinking, life skills, and the choice of either performing arts camps by World Star Academy or sports camp by Paris Saint Germain / Coach Mao Basketball in the afternoon.
Due to the addition of the 2-week support session for K2 – Grade 6, we will have to reduce summer school to 3 weeks from June 28-July 16.
All current D-PREP parents will be offered a very special discount. If you are interested, please contact your admissions officer.
Please note that all dates for in-person programs are tentative and may be subject to change based on the COVID-19 situation. The school will keep you informed of all changes.
FEEDBACK ON VIRTUAL LEARNING: Thank you all for the feedback on the survey last week. We had a lot of positive feedback regarding the small group and one-on-one sessions, and it was clear that parents recognize the tremendous work of all the D-PREP teachers to provide the best possible virtual learning for their child.
We have taken any additional suggestions made into consideration and have made a few adjustments based on this feedback.
IB/ PYP (International Baccalaureate- Primary Years Programme) Visit on May 20th and 21st:
Our verification visit for IB/ PYP will take place virtually on Thursday, May 20th and Friday, May 21st.
Representatives from IB will be popping into virtual classrooms to observe our teaching and learning. In addition the IB representatives will be meeting virtually with the teachers, the leadership team, governing board representatives, a student group and a parent group over the two days.
If you are interested in being a part of the parent focus group (in English) that will be held on Thursday, 20 May from 3:30 – 4:10 pm, then please complete this IB Parent Meeting Interest Form We will contact you if you are selected to represent our parents in this focus group. Thanks in advance for your help and support.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THE FOLLOWING END OF YEAR DATES (Final determination made at a later date if each of these events will be virtual or in-person based on government updates on possible re-opening):
- May 25th, 27th and 28th – School Pictures and Yearbook – Each family and child(ren) scheduled individually to come to school if school is still closed on these dates
- May 26th – Holiday Visakha Bucha Day (NO SCHOOL) End of Year Student-led Family Conferences – Portfolio Presentations – Individual times will be scheduled with you, your child and his/her teacher on one of the days indicated – (Conferences will be held virtually if school is not able to re-open before these dates)
- Nursery – May 27th or 28th
- K1 – May 31st or June 1st
- K2 – May 27th, 28th or 31st
- Grade 1 – May 27th or 28th
- Grade 2 – May 31st or June 1st
- Grade 3 & 4 – June 1, 2nd or 4th
- Grade 5 & 6 – June 2nd and 4th
- June 3rd – HOLIDAY-HM THe Queen of Thailand’s Birthday (NO SCHOOL)
- June 10th – K2 Graduation and End of School Year Celebrations/ Awards Ceremony (End of year celebrations held virtually if unable to re-open school)June 10th – Last Day of School
- June 11th – Final Progress Reports Issues to Parents
- June 25th – Frozen Musical (Nursery – Grade 2) and Moana Showcase (Grade 3-6) – (DATE moved here so that with the 2-week support session, we hope for LIVE performance)
Our 2021-2022 school year calendar has been published on our website.
Please click on this link here to view it. School Calendar 2021-2022, we thank you so much for all you are doing at home to support your children, and we will continue to provide the best possible virtual learning we can for all of our students.
We are confident that working together we can create an exciting end to the 2020-2021 school year, even with more time spent in virtual learning than any of us originally hoped would happen.
Take care and continue to be safe!
D-PREP Leadership Team
You may view the PDF version here: