Subject: COVID-19 Update
Date: May 6, 2021
Reference: D-PREP 2020-2021-088
Dear D-PREP Families,
As a result of the number of daily COVID-19 cases remaining about the same and to insure the safety of our entire community, D-PREP will continue virtual learning for all students during the week of May 10th to 14th.
We will continue to monitor the situation daily and will re-evaluate and update families again on Thursday, May 13th.
CONTINUATION OF VIRTUAL LEARNING: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we will follow the plan detailed below for the week of May 10th to 14th:
- K2 – Grade 6 – Students will continue in virtual learning next week, May 10th – 14th;
- Nursery to K1 – As we have no more summer make up days possible, all Nursery and K1 are welcome to join virtual learning. We are assessing all options weekly, based on safety and the number of COVID-19 cases, and we will update parents again on or before May 13th if we are able to offer any other possible learning options.
FEEDBACK ON VIRTUAL LEARNING: We are asking all families whose children have been participating in virtual learning, to fill out a brief feedback survey at the following link: May 2021 Virtual Learning Feedback Survey
We will look at this feedback and determine if there are any adjustments or improvements that we should make to make virtual learning even better for our students.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THE FOLLOWING END OF YEAR DATES (We will determine at a later date if each of these events will be virtual or in-person based on government updates on possible re-opening):
- May 26th – Holiday Visakha Bucha Day (NO SCHOOL)
- End of Year Student-led Family Conferences – Portfolio Presentations (Individual times will be scheduled with you, your child and his/her teacher on one of the days indicated)- ○ Nursery – May 27th or 28th
- K1 – May 31st or June 1st
- K2 – May 27th, 28th or 31st
- Grade 1 – May 27th or 28th
- Grade 2 – May 31st or June 1st
- Grade 3 & 4 – June 1, 2nd or 4th
- Grade 5 & 6 – June 2nd and 4th
- June 3rd – Holiday -HM THe Queen of Thailand’s Birthday (NO SCHOOL)
- June 8th – Frozen Musical (Nursery – Grade 2) and Moana Showcase (Grade 3-6)
- June 10th – K2 Graduation and End of School Year Celebrations/ Awards Ceremony
- June 10th – Last Day of School
- June 11th – Final Progress Reports Issued to Parents
SCHOOL COMMUNITY HEALTH AND SAFETY:
Please continue to take extra precautions and to do everything to stay safe during this challenging time.
Make sure to avoid non-essential travels, stay home as much as possible, continue to practice social distancing, wear a mask whenever you are around others outside of your house and insure the use of frequent hand-washing (or hand-sanitizers).
We show compassion for our entire community by all working together to protect ourselves and others in our community, and we all show courage, adaptability, and resilience by staying positive and actively supporting your children to be successful in virtual learning.
We thank you so much for all you are doing at home to support your children, and we will continue to provide the best possible virtual learning we can for all of them.
Sincerely, D-PREP Leadership Team
You may view the PDF version here: