Subject: Summer Review Program & COVID-19 General Guidelines
Date: May 17, 2020
Reference: DPREP-2020 -078
We would like to do a survey to ask if you are interested in sending your child to join our 3
week summer review program that will take place on July 1-July 21. We will need your initial
response to start planning and preparing for enough teachers and staff to accommodate all
students planning to join this program.
However, we understand that parents would need to be informed of the school’s health and
safety management. Here are some guidelines below to give you more information.
However, a more detailed “Summer Review School COVID-19 Policy” that will adhere to
COVID-19 health and safety measures (based on Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education,
World Health Organization guidelines and policies regarding COVID-19) will be issued to
parents by early June.
Program: Summer Review Program
Description: The summer review will be based on reviewing the academic content taught
through virtual learning but will also allow time for students to socialize and engage in fun
activities. We feel that given a safer national situation with COVID-19, resuming school is
very important as the students have been spending a lot of time in isolation.
Dates: July 1 to July 21, 2020
Time: Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
COVID-19 General Guidelines:
- Students are to be dropped off and pick up in front of the school gate and parents
and caregivers will not be allowed to enter the school.
- All students need to arrive at school with a face mask and to wear it throughout the
- All students and staff will be provided with face shields and be required to wear it
along with a face mask throughout the school day.
- All students and staff entering school will be checked their temperature with a
Thermo scan monitor and provided with hand sanitization.
- More hand sanitizer stations will be provided in all areas of the school.
- The social distancing of a minimum of 1 meter will be practiced during all lessons and
activities in all areas of the school.
- The school will provide more lunchroom areas in the new building to
accommodate social distancing during meal times.
- Classes will be separated into smaller groups to ensure social distancing of 1 meter
- Nursery students will nap at least 1 meter apart and extra classrooms may be used
to accommodate the extra space required.
- Small groups of students will be allowed in each part of the playground area and
teachers will supervise a rotation to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- The school service team will ensure that all playground equipment that is used will
be sanitized after round of use.
Please find the link below. We would appreciate your feedback by Friday, May 22nd, 2020.
We thank you for your continued support in our school.
All the Best,
Didyasarin Leadership Team
You may view the PDF version here: