Subject: School Reopening February 1st
Date: January 27, 2021
Reference: D-PREP 2020-2021-047
Dear D-PREP Parents,
We would like to share a great news with you that The Ministry of Education (MOE) has announced at 2:00 PM this afternoon that schools in Samutprakarn and various other provinces that had been ordered for school closure in January are now allowed to open on February 1st.
Our leadership team, teachers, and staff have been planning and organizing for the reopening of our school on February 1st, 2021. Our operations team sanitizes every area of the school on a daily basis, but we will also be doing a weekend deep cleaning before school starts on Monday, February 1st.
The school will be requiring all families to submit a new Travel Declaration form (Google Form) that will need to be submitted to the school on or before Friday, January 29, 2021. Without this form, students will not be allowed to enter the school campus. Please click on this link to access and fill out the Google Travel Declaration form: https://forms.gle/ocLyAaREfVafBCgx7
To ensure maximum safety, when we return to school on February 1st, we will have to readjust our drop off and pick up policy. Nursery and Kindergarten parents will have to drop off and pick up their children in front of Dream building (Gate 1). Staff will call your child to the door when you are ready for pick up. Primary parents will drop off and pick up their children at the school gates (Gate 2) of Discover building which is the school’s side entrance. When we reopen, parents will no longer be allowed on campus to reduce the number of people inside the school. We will be reviewing the pick-up and drop-off procedures again when the COVID-19 situation in Bangkok improves even more.
Upon the return of school, all of the regular COVID-19 preventive measures will be strictly enforced:
- Temperature checking of no more than 37.5-degree celsius and health screening of all students and adults prior to entering school grounds
- Required handwashing upon entering the school campus
- Wearing of masks by all students and adults at the school at all times, except for PE or outdoor play
- Frequent hand washing throughout the day by all students and adults at the school
- Limiting the number of people entering the school campus
- Social distancing in all classrooms, cafeteria, and common areas
- Lunch seating dividers installed on all canteen tables
- Daily deep cleaning of all school learning materials, equipment, and facilities
- We are so excited to have the students back in school and hope that all our families continue to stay safe and healthy!
D-PREP Leadership Team
You may view the PDF version here: